As I once again cough to remove the last remanents of whatever disease plagued me earlier this week, I sit at my desk excited to be taking on the world. It has been a good week my friends!
- Contracted some kind of cold/flu hybrid and sneezed out my entire body weight in mucus. I’m soooo sorry to any of the people I came into contact with this week that may get that thing… It wasn’t terrible by any means, but it certainly wasn’t a great time either!
- Studied and conquered an anatomy exam on the urinary system. Someone ask me how the kidneys work! They are so cool!!!
- Got a haircut. Lookin’ fly!
- I’m trying this new thing where I spend the first ten minutes of each day writing done a long list of things that I’m thankful for. It’s been exceptionally therapeutic to think in such a way at the very opening of each morning.
- Met with multiple potential clients (over Skype as to not spread my disease). Loved all of them.
- Updated the new website quite a bit (not quite ready for a massive launch as there’s still one section I’m working on finishing.
- Passed my first vehicular safety inspection… that I didn’t need to get now that I think about it…
- Went to the DMV to register my car in VA… I still can’t believe how much in taxes the government takes just because I bought a car… But, at the same time, if I don’t give them money somewhere I suppose we’ll really never get out of national debt. =D So, I’m glad I could play a small part.
- Broke off my normal panini diet to start makin’ soups!
- Ran a mile and a half. I know it’s not a lot but I haven’t done that in a long time.
- Took a four hour nap today to congratulate my body on a week well hustled.
So, what did I learn this week? First and foremost, I learned that when you really hustle (like break your back follow your dreams), you can accomplish big things! I will admit that I spent a little too much time on Netflix this week (I prefer to spend my leisure time reading), but still, I am so proud of the amount of effort my body gave me despite battling with an obnoxious sickness. All my little white blood cells deserve commendation.
Next week is going to be just as full as this one (1 wedding, 3 engagements, 1 family session). And then, after all that, Thanksgiving with the Alabama fam! =D Life is so full for me right now, and I’m not talking about busy… No. Life is good. Life is joyful and freeing and peaceful. All around I love my friends, and although I live in the middle of a swamp, I love that I have a place to call home. May not be the prettiest place for a photographer, but it’s definitely an incredible training ground.